William Blake

This blog is presented by Austin Schwartz, Erika Hewgley, Veronica Sanchez, and MJ Roy.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lord Byron Blog


      I found the Lord Byron blog, created by Sydney Leliefield, Alejandra Hernandez, Natasha King, and Dani Henry, to be quite helpful and exciting. Their blog is devoted to the romantic poet Lord Byron; the posts contain information about his life and his love of poetry.
      I really liked the Lord Byron Blog. The layout was similar to the layout of my groups’ blog, and great minds think alike. The picture at the top of the page was a nice touch, along with the brief description of their poet. The blogs’ themselves were very interesting to read, with titles like “The Adventures of Lord Byron” and “Lord Byron and Vampires” how could they not be?
      I especially enjoyed the vampire post. Today’s culture seems to be centered around vampires and their mysterious appearance. It was a really good addition to the blog, taking something so intriguing and including it. It was interesting to learn that Lord Byron had such an affect on the vampire culture. If not for him I might not be reading Twilight today. It is extraordinary that Byron was able to imagine such an exciting and demonic character, especially since it would have been a novel one for the 18th century.
Another thing I liked was the “She Walks In Beauty” post. I thought it was very smart to put a bit of background information about why Lord Byron wrote the poem, along with what it truly meant. That really helped to personify the poet.
      While reading the website saw “The Adventures of Lord Byron” on the blog page, captivated by the title I was surprised to find that the post was a biography of the poet. This post brought Byron to life and was an interesting read. I found it contrasted the other Byron biography well, “Lord Byron’s Biography”, they each had different information yet both contained interesting elements of his life.
      Overall The Lord Byron blog was presented very well. It had good selections of Lord Byron’s life, and works. I learned a lot about the poet simply from reading the very well explained posts. The site was easy to explore and navigate, which is helpful for someone like me who is not familiar with the blogging world. I believe that the group did very well on this blog, and I enjoyed visiting their site.

A young Lord Byron deep in thought

No comments:

Post a Comment