William Blake

This blog is presented by Austin Schwartz, Erika Hewgley, Veronica Sanchez, and MJ Roy.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Dream: Global Warning (Prose Poem)

The dry brisk air numbs the first layer of my lips, before I lose all feeling.
As the frigid breeze keeps penetrating my skin, I feel the horror of this change.
A change in which I nor mankind can quite control.
But wait! It stops, but only for a time,
the time needed to send chills from my head to toe.
I make my journey through wind, rain, sleet and snow.
But why I ask? Why has this change come so fast?
Some would say a bit too fast.
While only in August we had the glistening beauty of the morning light to keep warm
Why had the colors and winds of Autumn arise then quickly disappear?
The cold is quick to come now.
I have a vision of extreme danger.
All this weather change seems somewhat far from right.
Is it wrong that fish freeze while other animals are hibernating long?
A long dark winter, cold and wet
A chill that never seems to end
But one day there may be light
That will bring this misery to an end
As time travels by us, for a moment we will ponder
Until the next hint of cold,
Where we realize, there shall be no hope.
The opposite of cold is hot
The boundaries of Earth we see
Temperatures rising
Ice caps melting
And the multiple worries start flowing
Polar Bears drowning, you say?
A victim of his own surroundings
Will this change their niche?
Rivers rising, floods increasing
Agonies that people should be facing
Lost in the excitement, overridden by greed
People keep gaining on their own to succeed
All for one and one for all
Whats happening? I shall say
The heat is climbing, will it ever change?
The feeling of sweat as I bake through the day
Something is very wrong
What will it prove to be?
Heating the Earth to the extremity
I open my eyes to merely see
Wow....What a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment